CH 1 - Why Are We Afraid?

 In this first chapter, Max takes us into the boat with Jesus and the disciples. What are your thoughts about being in the storms.

- I'd like to believe that if I'm in the boat with Jesus, then storms will not come - but that isn't true.
- I use to be bothered by seemingly unanswered prayers to storms and wonder why God wasn't there, now I know He was and always IS with me. That is great comfort.

How do you react to these statements?
- Fear is a perceived loss of control.
- Fear creates a form of "spiritual amnesia" where we forget all that God has already done and how good God is.
- Fear may fill our world, but it doesn't have to fill our heart. Dont' invite it in.
- Do you worship SAFETY?


"My Father is with me. 
I have told you these things so that you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble.
But TAKE HEART!
I have overcome the world"
John 16:32-33
 

No comments:

Post a Comment