My parenting comes from raising 2 boys (now young men). The last 5 years I've been a single mom and the intertwining of our lives has been memorable and challenging. Whatever our circumstances, we all have need of a God who can meet our every parenting need.
I currently have one son in Africa where malaria, political unrest and recent kidnappings seem to be the norm. While 1/3 of the crew he went with have returned home for various reasons, he tells me, "Mom, I'm staying, I feel safe here and I want to continue my work here". And I believe him and trust God. I sleep well every night and have peace that God watches him.
My other son is here at home. A safer place? Maybe. Except for the other kinds of threats that can kidnap the soul and steal life from within - the tempations are great and many.
I could spend much of every day worrying and losing sleep, but instead I choose to trust the One who knows how to take care of my children, and in that I rest and have great peace. I daily seek Him for wisdom and guidance, in sharing words to my sons and praying for their safety, health and most importantly, that the Holy Spirit is meeting them right where they are and calling them to Him.
Let's join Max as he says "Parents, we can't protect children from every threat in life, but we can take them to the Source of Life. We can entrust our kids to Christ".
If you would like to have someone come alongside you to pray together for your children, including adult children, please contact me. God does miracles every day, and He has His eyes on your child.
Arise, cry out in the night
as the watches of the night begin
Pour out your heart like water
in the presence of the Lord.
Lift up your hands to Him
for the lives of your children.
Lamentations 2:19
No comments:
Post a Comment